Last year between 22 and 30 children participated every Friday in our Children's Program. They played with playdough, puzzles and building toys. Even some parents joined in the fun! This year we plan to let the children choose a book to take home. The program runs from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. every Friday.
• Children’s books - please bring them to the front desk
• Volunteers to join us once or twice for an hour or more
• Spanish speakers to help us communicate with parents
• Craft people who make jewelry and are willing to sit at a table
• to help older children and adults
• Musicians to perform a few songs
• Artists who will let kids watch them paint or draw
• Anyone with a hobby that would be willing to demonstrate to either children or adults
• Nutritionists who would like to do a food demo
Comments from a volunteer who helped last year:
“I remember one little boy and his dad down on the floor playing blocks, cars and puzzles and having such a grand time. It reminded me of the value of family connections and of play for ALL ages! As I left each week, my heart was full and I thought about what a pleasure it was for me to have this experience. The more kids there were, the more thankful all the volunteers were and the more joy there was to be passed around!”
If you would like to bring a smile to a child’s face, please consider joining us on a Friday this summer.
Contact Melanie LaPointe at (612) 481-9467, (612) 870-1125 x128