Volunteers deliver most of the meals right to clients' doors. The mission of Meals On Wheels is to provide nutritious, low-cost meals and daily personal visits, giving opportunities for relationships to develop.
What we expect of our volunteers
- Show up between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. The meals will be packed and ready to go with a delivery sheet when you arrive.
- Deliver with a smile. Often you are the only face-to-face contact the client has with someone throughout the day.
- Be aware of the client's environment and appearance. At times you may be the first to notice any warning signs of illness or danger.
What you will need to accomplish this job
- Heart to serve
- Volunteer partner in kindness
- Valid driver's license and an insured vehicle (if you are doing the driving)
- You say you don't drive? We accept navigators too! This is a chance to share the work with another volunteer, and maybe make a new friend.
- Standby drivers. If you are willing to answer the call and take a route, we have an opportunity for you. On your assigned day, you can come in to pick up an open route, or we can call you when needed.
- Specialized (strong) volunteers are needed to deliver frozen meals!
- Not the traveling kind? CES MOW is looking for kitchen helpers Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 A.M. You can help make sure meals are properly tagged and sent out to our clients.
- People with special skills are needed to update route maps, take charge of greeting cards or come up with new ways to brighten the days of our clients and improve the volunteer experience.
Let us work together. We will be waiting to hear from you at 612-870-6121.