Food is, of course, the main ongoing aspect of CES. Food donations and/or funds to buy food are always welcome. Through our partnerships with The Food Group and Second Harvest Heartland, your dollar stretches 10-20 times farther when we purchase food through these food banks.
Donation Drop Offs:
CES is open Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm. We prefer to accept donations between the hours of 9am – 12pm. Please use the call box to the left of the front glass doors and someone will assist you.
For donations of 20 or more grocery bags, we ask that you set-up a drop-off appointment by calling 612-870-1125 or by emailing our Reception Coordinator, Alyssa Martinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Olive oil and vegetable oil
- Flour, sugar – 4# bags or smaller
- Soups with meat (beef of chicken)
- Chili with meat
- Canned chicken, tuna or salmon
- Canned fruit
- White Rice
- Canned white hominy
- Diced tomatoes (plain)
- Coffee in small bags
- Instant Oatmeal packets
- Jelly and jam
- Peanut butter
- Sliced bread
- Bar soap
- Shampoo, conditioner
- Toilet paper, facial tissues
- Dish soap - small bottles
- Laundry soap (pods or small bottles
- Pet food for dogs or cats
- Kitty litter
We do not accept:
- Extra-large or bulk-sized food
- Due to food safety regulations, we are unable to accept perishable items such as meat, eggs, dairy, frozen meals, or deli foods unless it is from a licensed business.
◦ We DO accept fruits, vegetables and bread.
- Opened packages or partially used food items
- Expired foods
- Homemade foods or baked goods
Interested in hosting a CES food drive in your neighborhood, church, or business?
Please contact Chris Nelson, Director of Development, email@example.com