Mike Lloyd joined CES in November of 2012 after 35 years working in the business world, at one point for a Fortune 1000 company, and served as the president of various business units. He has a longstanding commitment to feeding the hungry, one of the core missions of CES. Moreover, Mike has been an active volunteer throughout his career.
During his time at CES, a Strategic Plan was created along with the help of the CES board and staff. Mr. Lloyd has endeavored to establish a workable vision of service for those in our neighborhood, cultivated an atmosphere of team building and expanded personnel and board development as well as organizational advancement. "As Executive Director, it has been my pleasure and true blessing to serve our Lord and those in this community through the work of CES."
Since its origin, Community Emergency Service (CES) has provided high-quality direct service to people in need. Through direct aid relief, advocacy, referral, guidance and prayer support, if desired, CES seeks to strengthen families and individuals. The goal of CES is to move them beyond crisis to financial stability, as well as emotional health, personal growth and spiritual depth.
The last few years also have seen:
- strengthened investment by congregations, foundations, businesses and individuals
- increased capacity for offering fresh and frozen foods with our walk-in refrigerator/freezer
- improved services for the Food Shelf, Home Delivery and East African Distribution
- doubled support to homebound seniors through Meals on Wheels and Home Delivery
- developed a Commissary for Meals on Wheels (MOW) along with Metro MOW and several other MOW programs
- established a new program, Ani-Meals, a pet food supplement program primarily for the homebound
- continued the normal ongoing services of care